Philip A. Greenberg
Greenberg was "born and raised" in Brooklyn, New York, a product of the NYC school system. At Brooklyn College, he was active in many student activities, especially the Prelaw Society. At the end of his junior year he "unseated" an entrenched student party to be elected Student Body President, wherein he served as Student Body President in his senior year at the end of the "politically charged" 1960's.
At NYU Law School, which was then and now one of the top law schools in the U.S.A., he maintained good grades while staying active in such activities as being an officer in the school's Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, the leading professional law fraternity, beginning a lifetime of service to the fraternity for which he is currently serving on its International Tribunal (The equivalent of the Supreme Court of the Law Fraternity.
After law school, he became an associate and then a partner at various civil litigation firms, eventually developing an expertise in divorce and family law; he is considered one of the leading divorce attorneys in New York. Besides continuing his active participation in Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, he also served as an Officer in various other organizations including the FreeMasons (Master of his Lodge and later President of the Sixth Manhattan District), a Trustee and Officer of Congregation Emunath Israel, one of the oldest continuous Jewish Congregations in the U.S.A., as well as being active in local politics in Brooklyn and then in Manhattan. In addition, he has served a total of over 27 years as a member of the Board of Directors of two cooperative corporations in Manhattan, and is currently the President of his cooperative corporation.
Furthering his prominence in his profession, he was a lecturer at the Sobelsohn paralegal school for twelve years, lecturing on matrimonial law, commercial paper and partnership. Being a recognized expert in divorce and family law, he has frequently taught continuing legal education courses to other attorneys, most recently in early May, 2012 at a continuing legal education course sponsored by the National Business Institute. He has now been invited to teach still another continuing legal education course on various aspects of divorce law in November 2012.
Practicing in both New York and New Jersey, and occasionally in the Federal Courts of both States, Greenberg maintains his principal office at 10 Park Avenue, conveniently located at the corner of 34th Street and Park Avenue in Manhattan, two block from the Empire State Building. Although he is a solo practitioner, he shares his suite with two of his former law partners who help to handle his "overflow". He also has seasoned and capable attorneys who are counsel to his law firm, assisting him in "seeking justice" and excellent results for his clients.
Finally, in his personal life, Greenberg is happily married to his "bride" of 16 years (first and only marriage) Cheryl Greenberg, a realtor in New York City.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Divorce
- 15% Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- 10% Civil Litigation
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1974
- New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- U.S. Tax Court, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1975
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1973
- Honors: Moot Court Semi-Finalist
- Brooklyn College of the City University of New York, Brooklyn, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts (Cum Laude) - 1970
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Sociology
- Baby Watson Cheesecake, Incorporated
- Borough-Tel Service, Incorporated (Doctors on Call)
- Food Concepts, Incorporated (ADT, Incorporated)
- Rampart Construction Associates, Incorporated
- The Risk Management Planning Group, Inc. and some closely held corporations
- Numerous Individuals; some of the individuals are semi-celebrities or high profile
- Lecturer, National Business Institute, 2010 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers , 2009 - 2011
- Martindale - Hubbell A-V Rating (highest level of ability and ethics), 1985 - 2012
- Who's Who in America and Who's Who in American Law, 1985 - 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member, 1974 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1974 - Present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1974 - Present
- Borough-Tel Service, Incorporated (Doctors on Call), 1983 - Present
- 240 West 23rd Owners Corporation, 1984 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Wallman, Greenberg, Gasman & McKnight, Partner, 1995 - 2000
- Phi Alpha Delta