What If You Need To Move Away With Your Kids?

It is not uncommon after a divorce for a custodial parent to move to a new location to seek employment, move closer to immediate family or pursue a fresh start in a new location. Such a move is often contested by the noncustodial parent, whose parenting time (visitation) rights are adversely affected.

If you are a custodial parent who wishes to move, you will likely have to obtain the approval of your former spouse or prior court approval. If you move in violation of the terms of a custody order, you could put your custody rights in significant jeopardy. If you are a noncustodial parent who wishes to oppose a relocation, you need an experienced family law attorney who can ensure the protection of your rights.

For parents who are involved in a parental relocation dispute, it is critical that you consult with an experienced family law attorney. Relocation decisions are typically final and difficult to reverse. Whether you want to move with your child or want to keep your child close to you, carefully choosing an attorney is vital.

Put An Experienced Family Law Attorney To Work For You

Attorney Philip A. Greenberg has been representing clients in family law matters for more than 40 years. He is highly regarded in the legal community, having been listed for inclusion in New York Metro Super Lawyers list in multiple years, a distinction limited to the top 5 percent of all matrimonial attorneys in New York.

He has extensive experience in post-divorce custody and visitation disputes, including parental relocation disputes. He also represents unwed clients who have a custody order arising out of a paternity proceeding.

Contact Philip Greenberg Online Or Call 646-363-6807

Attorney Philip A. Greenberg represents clients in New York and New Jersey. His office is located in New York City. To schedule a consultation with Mr. Greenberg, call 646-363-6807 or contact him by email. He can meet with you in his Manhattan office or in a location convenient to you.