Compassionate About People. Passionate About The Law.

February 2015 Archives

Are there different types of child custody in New York?

Parents in the middle of divorce proceedings already have a lot of emotional baggage to sort through, and child custody issues only worsen the situation for many. Most people do not believe they will ever face a divorce when they first get married and have never given the matter of child custody any real thought. Further, most of these couples assume there exists only one kind of child custody and that they have no other options for how to divide their time with their children.

We are willing to fight for a father's custody rights

It wasn't so very long ago that New York City courts typically gave women the upper hand in divorce court. Judges used to routinely award the mother custody in divorce cases, and fathers considered themselves lucky if they got awarded fairly liberal visitation rights.

Dealing with the family business in a New York divorce

Going through a divorce is hard enough without extra financial-based hardships, but many successful business people must deal with more than a fair share of these burdens when divorcing. As touched on in a recent blog post, couples that co-own or share financial interests in a family business quickly learn about these often-surprising hurdles early in their divorce process. As New York is the nation's most active business district, divorcing couples in this state find themselves struggling through the process of handling a family business, but the law can help them approach the problem fairly.

What can I do when divorce means parental relocation?

Sometimes, it is inevitable that divorced New York parents have to relocate, often out of state or across the country. When the parents share custody of or have visitation rights with their minor children, it can make the situation fraught with complexity.

Consider a modification to your New York child support order

Manhattan is an expensive place to raise children. It is difficult enough when there are two parents in a family, but one-parent homes only have one income to live on -- and with child support -- maybe one and a quarter. While that may be tough, the parent paying child support is also living on less.

  • Super Layers
  • AV | Martindale-Hubbell lawyer ratings
  • Marquis Who's Who
  • American Bar Association | Defending Liberty Pursuing Justice
  • Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
  • G
Email Us For A Response

Contact Us For The Answers You Need Attorney Philip A. Greenberg represents clients in New York and New Jersey. To schedule a consultation with Mr. Greenberg, call 646-363-6807 or contact him by e-mail.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Philip A. Greenberg, P.C., Attorneys at Law
10 Park Avenue
Suite 2A
New York, NY 10016

Phone: 646-363-6807
Fax: 212-279-0466
Map & Directions

Philip A. Greenberg, P.C., Attorneys at Law