Compassionate About People. Passionate About The Law.

Wiz Khalifa fights for custody of son, claiming negligence

What would you do if you thought your child was suffering following a divorce? If you had any indication that your ex was hurting or neglecting your child, you'd probably take a stand and try to obtain custody. That's what may be happening in this celebrity case involving Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose. The two had been married for 14 months before separating and becoming involved in a child custody dispute.

Khalifa, best known for being a rapper, has claimed that Rose, a model, singer, and actress, has been neglecting their 1-year-old child, allowing her pet dog to lick the child's face after eating its own feces or staying out all night and leaving her son to be cared for by others as a regular occurrence. Khalifa allegedly has a list of complaints against Rose, which he intends to discuss with the court in order to get the child custody order rearranged and reissued.

According to Khalifa, Rose has always had a negative relationship with her mother, which leaves their son in a position where he's exposed to shouting and vulgar exchanges between the mother and daughter. Because of the potential for mental distress, Khalifa has suggested that he'll be trying to change the custody agreement that's in place.

When the court hears the case, it could decide to change the custody arrangements, but this is only one side of the story. When you're trying to get your custody arrangement changed in New York, you need to provide proof to back your story; hearsay isn't likely to help your case or get you what you want.

Source: New York Daily News, "Wiz Khalifa accuses Amber Rose of neglecting their son, wants greater custody: report" Philip Caufield, Feb. 17, 2015

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • Super Layers
  • AV | Martindale-Hubbell lawyer ratings
  • Marquis Who's Who
  • American Bar Association | Defending Liberty Pursuing Justice
  • Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
  • G
Email Us For A Response

Contact Us For The Answers You Need Attorney Philip A. Greenberg represents clients in New York and New Jersey. To schedule a consultation with Mr. Greenberg, call 646-363-6807 or contact him by e-mail.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Philip A. Greenberg, P.C., Attorneys at Law
10 Park Avenue
Suite 2A
New York, NY 10016

Phone: 646-363-6807
Fax: 212-279-0466
Map & Directions

Philip A. Greenberg, P.C., Attorneys at Law