Compassionate About People. Passionate About The Law.

November 2016 Archives

How can you protect your rights as an unmarried father?

Child custody and visitation issues can be particularly complex for men who are not married to the mother of their children. They may find it difficult to assert their rights to custody and visitation time, and it may be necessary to seek the help of a lawyer to resolve these concerns.

What will happen to my retirement savings during divorce?

You know that your divorce will have a significant financial impact. You may be concerned about how this decision will affect your retirement, even if you still have many years to go before you can stop working. No matter where you are in life at the time of your divorce, it is prudent to make decisions with a strong financial future as your goal.

Options for Thanksgiving custody sharing

Thanksgiving is a holiday that often involves multiple generations of families. Therefore, it can be a particularly tricky one for divorced parents to schedule. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and other relatives on both sides of the family want to spend time with the children.

What do you do if you receive a divorce/dissolution petition?

Whether you know that it's imminent or not, being served with a divorce/dissolution petition can be a devastating experience. These petitions generally include the petitioner's requests for child and spousal support, child custody and property division as well as why the petitioner is seeking to dissolve the marriage.

The challenges for women who divorce later in life

The rise in divorce rates among people in their 50s and older over the past few decades has been well documented. While divorce may provide relief from an unhappy, unfulfilling marriage for both men and women, the financial impact for women is more serious. That's why it's essential for women who are divorcing in their pre-retirement and retirement years to seek the best possible settlement in order to retire comfortably and on schedule.

  • Super Layers
  • AV | Martindale-Hubbell lawyer ratings
  • Marquis Who's Who
  • American Bar Association | Defending Liberty Pursuing Justice
  • Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
  • G
Email Us For A Response

Contact Us For The Answers You Need Attorney Philip A. Greenberg represents clients in New York and New Jersey. To schedule a consultation with Mr. Greenberg, call 646-363-6807 or contact him by e-mail.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Philip A. Greenberg, P.C., Attorneys at Law
10 Park Avenue
Suite 2A
New York, NY 10016

Phone: 646-363-6807
Fax: 212-279-0466
Map & Directions

Philip A. Greenberg, P.C., Attorneys at Law