Compassionate About People. Passionate About The Law.
Philip A. Greenberg
Philip A. Greenberg, Esq. of Philip A. Greenberg, P.C. has been a practicing attorney in New York and New Jersey, State and Federal Courts, for over 45 years. Mr. Greenberg, for at least the last 25 years, has emphasized in his law practice all aspects of family and divorce law, such as all financial issues, custody, support, distribution of marital property, pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. In addition, as Mr. Greenberg has extensive experience in other areas of civil litigation, such as corporate and condominium/cooperative apartments legal disputes. He continues to represent clients in those types of litigations. For the last over 22 years, Mr. Greenberg has maintained a solo practice of law (previously having been managing partner in several boutique law firms). He is able to service his extensive clientele with the assistance of experienced and talented attorneys who are counsel to his law firm, as well as former law partners of Mr. Greenberg, with whom he is still associated with and shares office space with. As reflected in his website (www.philipagreenberg.com) , Mr. Greenberg has received numerous professional honors and designations throughout his career. For example, the last several years he has been chosen for SuperLawyers (top 5% of New York matrimonial attorneys), A-V Rating (highest level of ethics and legal ability) with Martindale-Hubbell (for the last over 35 years), and his biography has been included in Marquis Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in American Law (also over 35 years). His professional and civic activities include longtime active involvement in Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International (The leading professional Law Fraternity in the world), as an International Officer and on the International Tribunal (Supreme Court of the Law Fraternity), the Freemasons (President and Secretary of The Sixth Manhattan District and four times Master of his Lodge), Board of Directors and past President of 10 Park Avenue Tenants' Corp. (Apartment Cooperative Corporation) for over 21 years, and a longtime Member and Officer of the Chelsea Shul (one of the oldest continuous Jewish congregations in the U.S.A.), currently serving as a Trustee and Second Vice President. Mr. Greenberg's self-created motto for his law practice is as follows: "Compassionate about people, passionate about the law."
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1974
- Honors: Moot Court Semi-Finalist
- Brooklyn College of the City University of New York, Brooklyn, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1970
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Sociology
- Divorce Insights, Amazon Books, 2019
[Separate chapters (mine was the first one) written by leading divorce professionals from around the U.S.A.]
- 943 Lexington Avenue, Inc V., Niarchos, 373 N.Y.S.2d 787, 1975, N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.
- Grossman v 240 Ventures Assoc., 496 N.Y.S.2d 748, 1986, N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.
- Cross v. Cross, 541 N.Y.S.2d 202, 1989, N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept., 1989060420
- Kamerman v. Kamerman, 702 N.Y.S.2d 77, 2000, N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.
- American Bar Association, Member, 1974
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1974
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation - primarily corporate and cooperative/condominium apartment litigation
- SuperLawyers, 2016 - 2023
- AV-Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell, 1985 - 2023
- Who's Who in America - Marquis, 1985 - 2023
- Who's Who in American Law - Marquis, 1985 - 2023
- New York, 1974
- New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- U.S. Tax Court, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1975
Classes & Seminars
- Matrimonial and Litigation, National Academy, 2022 to Present
- Continuing Legal Education, National Business Institute, 2005 to Present
- Paralegal School, Sobelsohn Paralegal School, 1988 to 2000
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, 1971 to Present
- Chelsea Shul, 1983 to Present
- Baby Watson Cheesecake, Incorporated
- Borough-Tel Service, Incorporated (Doctors on Call)
- Food Concepts, Incorporated (ADT, Incorporated)
- Rampart Construction Associates, Incorporated
- The Risk Management Planning Group, Inc. and some closely held corporations
- Numerous Individuals; some of the individuals are semi-celebrities or high profile
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Daniel Izhaky
- Jonathan Glaser, Esq.
- John V. O'Connor, Esq.
- John Pasquale
- Wallman, Greenberg, Gasman & McKnight, Partner, 1995 to 2000
Current Employment Position