Compassionate About People. Passionate About The Law.

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  → Parental Relocation

Understand Your Rights And Legal Options When One Parent Needs To Relocate

It is not uncommon after a divorce for a custodial parent to move to a new location to seek employment, move closer to immediate family or pursue a fresh start in a new location. Such a move is often contested by the noncustodial parent, whose parenting time (visitation) rights are adversely affected. If you are a custodial parent who wishes to move, you will likely have to obtain the approval of your former spouse or prior court approval. If you move in violation of the terms of a custody order, you could put your custody rights in significant jeopardy.

Conversely, if you are a noncustodial parent who wishes to oppose a relocation, you need an experienced family law attorney who can ensure the protection of your rights. For parents who are involved in a parental relocation dispute, it is critical that you consult with a reputable lawyer like the one at Philip A. Greenberg, P.C., Attorneys at Law. Relocation decisions are typically final and difficult to reverse. Whether you desire to move with your child or want to keep your child close to you, carefully choosing an attorney is vital.

Put An Experienced And Distinguished Family Law Attorney To Work For You

Attorney Philip A. Greenberg has been representing clients in family law matters for more than 40 years. He is highly regarded in the legal community, having been selected for inclusion in the New York Super Lawyers list for multiple years, an annual distinction given to the top 5% of attorneys in New York.

He has extensive experience in post-divorce custody and visitation disputes, including those involving parental relocation. He also represents unwed clients who have custody orders arising out of paternity proceedings.

Discuss Your Case With A Skilled Family Lawyer

From its office in Manhattan, Philip A. Greenberg, P.C., Attorneys at Law, serves clients in New York and New Jersey. To schedule a consultation with Mr. Greenberg, call 332-262-6760 or submit an online contact form. He can meet with you at his office or in a location convenient to you.